Cultivation Crew Lil' Sprouts: Kids Garden Series - Ages 6 and under (Partially Virtual)
Does your little have a green thumb? Enroll your kids in the Cultivation Crew: by the summer’s end, they’ll have grown garden veggies, flowers, and indoor herbs! They’ll learn how to compost, how to grow plants from scraps and not just seeds, encourage pollinators, earn points for journal entries and get entered into prize raffles in August for their own gardening supplies.
Each session listed below is a bi-weekly curriculum that will help you guide your child in learning about gardening and ecosystems. You will receive information and activities to be completed at home. You will also come to the Nature Center on select days with your child to complete projects that will emphasize the topic area of that session.
Kids Gardening Series
Session 1: In the Dirt : June 15th - June 28th
Session 2: The Other Guys : June 29th - July 12th
Session 3: Pollinatin' : July 13th - 26th
Session 4: Cherry on Top : July 27- Aug. 9th
Session 5: Wrap Up: August 9th - 16th
This session is for kids 6 and younger.
**The cost of this program is for the ENTIRE series..
New Program Policies
- All registrations must be done online and no walk-ins will be accepted. If you need assistance in registering for programs online, please call the nature center and we will help you.
- Prior to the first day of camp all appropriate waivers, registration materials and Covid-19 waiver must be completed by a parent or guardian and turned into the nature center.
- Each day program participants will have a temperature check and be asked symptomatic questions regarding Covid -19 symptoms prior to signing in at the program site.
- Any participant that is symptomatic or has a fever of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to stay for the program.
- Program staff will greet you upon arrival, provide sign-in sheet and escort your child to the program area. We ask that parents do not come into the nature center.
- We will provide sign-in/sign-out in a designated area outside the building. (Pens will be sanitized between uses) Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering the building (child[ren]).
- Only registered children will be allowed to stay for programs. No visitors will be allowed at this time.
- If your child requires 1-1 assistance, please call the nature center prior to registering online so that we can ensure that we are maintaining social distancing guidelines and make the appropriate accommodations.
- Each program participant will be required to bring a mask from home with them to the program.
- All participants and staff are REQUIRED wear a mask at all times while in the building.
- If the program participant refuses to wear the mask while inside the building, a parent will be called and the child(ren) will have to be picked up immediately (if this should occur, no refunds will be given) and not allowed to continue participating in the program.
- Each program participant will have a designated area where they keep their personal belongings, which will be separated from other participant belongings.
- During all programs, participants will be asked to Social Distance and every effort will be made to keep participants 6 feet apart when they are outside where masks are not required.
- After each activity, participants will be required to wash their hands, and every effort will be made to limit sharing of tools and supplies.
- Program tools and spaces will be sanitized at the end of each program, once participants have left the facility.
- The nature center restrooms will be the only areas open to the public, and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times per day.
- Water fountains will be closed, and participants will be able to use sinks to refill water bottles.
If a program participant refuses to follow the above guidelines, they will not be allowed to stay at the program, and a parent or guardian will be called to pick them up from the facility. If this occurs, no refunds will be given.
Saturday, July 11 at 8:00am
More dates through August 16, 2020
Sunday, July 12 at 8:00am
Monday, July 13 at 8:00am
Tuesday, July 14 at 8:00am
Wednesday, July 15 at 8:00am
Thursday, July 16 at 8:00am
Friday, July 17 at 8:00am
Saturday, July 18 at 8:00am
Sunday, July 19 at 8:00am
Monday, July 20 at 8:00am
Tuesday, July 21 at 8:00am
Hartman Reserve Nature Center
657 Reserve Dr, Cedar Falls, IA 50613