Wizards, Wands & Whizbangs: Harry Potter Crafting - Ages 8-11
Do you know a student who wants to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? These themed camps allow participants to make their own potions, wands, and mythical creatures. Witches and wizards will be sorted into houses before competing in various games throughout the day to earn participants "house points.” One can look forward to a magic-filled experience all around!
Designed for ages 8-11. Cost is $40
*This session will have the same crafts as the other Wizards, Wands & Whizbangs: Harry Potter Crafting - Ages 8-11.
We are excited to have you and or your child(ren) participate in our summer programs. Due to the current pandemic, we have had to change some of the practices and policies for our programs.
New Program Policies
- All registrations must be done online and no walk-ins will be accepted. If you need assistance in registering for programs online, please call the nature center and we will help you.
- Prior to the first day of camp all appropriate waivers, registration materials and Covid-19 waiver must be completed by a parent or guardian and turned into the nature center.
- Each day program participants will have a temperature check and be asked symptomatic questions regarding Covid -19 symptoms prior to signing in at the program site.
- Any participant that is symptomatic or has a fever of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to stay for the program.
- Program staff will greet you upon arrival, provide sign-in sheet and escort your child to the program area.
- We ask that parents do not come into the nature center. We will provide sign-in/sign-out in a designated area outside the building. (Pens will be sanitized between uses)
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering the building.
- Only registered children will be allowed to stay for programs. No visitors will be allowed at this time.
- If your child requires 1-1 assistance, please call the nature center prior to registering online so that we can ensure that we are maintaining social distancing guidelines and make the appropriate accommodations.
- Each program participant will be required to bring a mask from home with them to the program.
- All participants and staff are REQUIRED wear a mask at all times while in the building.
- If the program participant refuses to wear the mask while inside the building, a parent will be called and the child(ren) will have to be picked up immediately (if this should occur, no refunds will be given) and not allowed to continue participating in the program.
- Each program participant will have a designated area where they keep their personal belongings, which will be separated from other participant belongings.
- During all programs, participants will be asked to Social Distance and every effort will be made to keep participants 6 feet apart when they are outside where masks are not required.
- After each activity, participants will be required to wash their hands, and every effort will be made to limit sharing of tools and supplies.
- Program tools and spaces will be sanitized at the end of each program, once participants have left the facility.
- The nature center restrooms will be the only areas open to the public, and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times per day.
- Water fountains will be closed, and participants will be able to use sinks to refill water bottles.
If a program participant refuses to follow the above guidelines, they will not be allowed to stay at the program, and a parent or guardian will be called to pick them up from the facility. If this occurs, no refunds will be given.
Refund Policy: Refunds will only be given in the case of a documented medical emergency or funeral for programs more than $10. If program cost is under $10, a program voucher will be offered for a future program. If a program is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen reasons, then a similar program will be offered in its place.
Friday, July 10 at 8:00am
Hartman Reserve Nature Center
657 Reserve Dr, Cedar Falls, IA 50613